In this post, you will learn how to proceed with Linksys configuration steps. Configuring the Linksys smart wifi setup is very easy, and it will take you hardly 5 minutes to get it routing the internet for you. With the help of http //linksyssmartwifi.com setup utility, it has become very easy to sign in to the router and install it. Just log into the device and start right away with the configuration process.
- To begin with, unpack the router box. It would have the router, Adapter, Ethernet cord, and four antennas.
- Install the antennas on the router parallel to each other.
- Connect the router with the adapter on the power outlet and make sure never to connect the router to a power surge protector.
- Connect the Ethernet cord from the modem to the router on the internet port.
- We would require a computer, maybe Windows or Mac.
- Let’s say you have a windows laptop or desktop, and it is wireless compatible. Connect your computer to the router’s wireless by clicking at the Wi-Fi symbol at the bottom right corner.
- Or if your windows computer is not wireless compatible, all you need to do is connect an extra Ethernet cord from the router to the computer from port number Four.
- Pull up a browser, maybe Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or any other browser.
- At the top of the browser at the address bar type in linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 and then hit Enter on the keyboard.
- You will be directed to the http //linksyssmartwifi.com setup utility page now. Accept the Terms and policies and hit continue.
- It will look for an existing network in the house or office, and yes, if the modem is connected perfectly well with the router, it will detect the name of the modem.
- Select the existing network name and hit continue. Put in the password for the existing network and continue.
- It will ask you if you want to keep the same password for the router give it a choice of what you want it to be.
- Now, once it says the setup is complete, try to connect any wireless device with the new router. It should connect and work.
For MAC users
- In this case, all you need to do is connect the Mac with the new router’s Wi-Fi or with the Ethernet Cord.
- Then pull up a browser, maybe Safari or Google Chrome.
- At the top of the address bar type in linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter.
- Rest the steps will be the same as mentioned above.
So this post was all about the Linksys smart wifi setup process. In case you come across an issuewhile attempting to configure the device, contact us or chat with us